Kris Micknowski is an associate of OGC Law, LLC in the Butler, PA office. Kris has experience serving businesses in a wide range of legal matters, including entity formation, corporate governance, employment, commercial transactions, and litigation.
Prior to joining OGC Law, Kris was the lead appellate attorney at the Mercer County District Attorney’s Office. There, he handled all direct appeals to the Pennsylvania Superior Court and Supreme Court, as well as petitions filed under the Post-Conviction Relief Act and federal petitions for habeas corpus relief. He also handled all aspects of criminal trials, from preliminary hearings through post-sentence motions.
Prior to joining the Mercer County District Attorney’s Office, Kris worked as an associate in a boutique firm. There, he assisted clients in matters involving civil litigation, employment, commercial transactions, orphans’ court litigation, and estate planning/administration.
While attending the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Kris served as Articles Editor for the Pittsburgh Tax Review. Upon graduating from law school, Kris was awarded the William H. Eckert Prize for writing a superior paper in the upper division Legal Writing Program, as well as the David R. Bookstaver Award for demonstrating excellence in the field of transfer of property by devise, bequest, or gift.
- Worked on a team that successfully obtained a multi-million dollar settlement in a securities fraud dispute
- Argued in front of the Pennsylvania Superior Court regarding waiver of rights in light of failure to timely object to jury instructions at trial
- Successfully obtained a court order directing removal of a trustee from a special needs trust and directing that attorney fees be refunded into the trust
- Defended the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in dozens of direct appeals filed by convicted defendants
- Handled over one-hundred preliminary hearings on behalf of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania