Delia Bouwers Bianchin is a Member with OGC Law in the Butler, PA office. She brings to her clients experience from both the large law firm context and as inside general counsel. As part of a boutique practice, Delia represents small to medium size businesses in practical and complex corporate, commercial, employment and litigation matters.
With more than two decades of success in handling elite legal matters, Delia takes pride in providing personal service to her local business clients. As a trusted advisor, she shares her clients’ sense of urgency helps to address client challenges and solve their problems. With extensive experience in navigating a corporate environment, she appreciates the criticality of incorporating the goals and objectives of the leadership team and working closely with the team in implementation at a pace that suits the organization and ensures success.
Her practice at OGC Law includes general business matters, such as counseling closely held and family-owned businesses and serving as outside general counsel for small to medium sized businesses on a wide range of corporate, commercial and employment matters. Delia counsels business regarding designing effective compliance policies to avoid legal problems. She also works with business clients in facilitating business succession planning and negotiating and implementing buy-sell agreements.
Delia provides transaction services in both the acquisition and sale of businesses of varying sizes and industries. Clients rely on her counsel through all stages of these transactions, including due diligence guidance, entity formation, the negotiation and drafting letters of intent and term sheets, the business valuation process, and analyzing, negotiating, and securing financing.
Additional areas of practice and experience include all aspects of human resources and employment-related matters, such as drafting and reviewing restrictive covenants, confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-competition provisions, company benefit plans, executive employment agreements, employee handbooks and other policies and procedures. Corporate clients have also relied on Delia for Employment Discrimination and Harassment Training. She acts as counsel in both advocating and defending discrimination and harassment claims before both the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Senior corporate executives have relied on Delia with respect to severance negotiations and compensation contracts.
Delia is widely known for employing complex procedural law techniques to the benefit of her clients.
As the daughter of Dutch immigrants, Delia was instilled with the values of faith, education, and a dedication to community as bedrock principles. After graduating as the valedictorian from her high school, she attended Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where she completed a bachelor’s degree in English, paying her own way through school by working multiple part-time jobs. She attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where as a stand-out student and legal writer, was elected as Editor-In-Chief of the Journal of Law and Commerce by her peers, while simultaneously working as a Research Editor on the University of Pittsburgh Law Review. Upon graduation, Delia was sought after by the most prominent law firms in the nation.
The first twenty years of her career provided formidable foundational opportunities to gain valuable experience by working both at large prominent law firms and directly from inside of business. She brings these experiences to her clients today.
In the first ten years of her career, she focused on complex commercial litigation at two large prominent law firms in Pittsburgh. During that time, she concentrated in the area of general commercial litigation and garnered experience in a wide range of litigation-related matters in various federal and state courts across the country, including various complex commercial and employment-related litigation matters.
She then joined Penn United Technologies, Inc. and, for next decade of her career, held the position of General Counsel for the 150M+ large, employee-owned, diversified, international manufacturer based in Cabot, Pennsylvania. As General Counsel, Delia managed all commercial contract negotiations, as well as all human resources, employment-related and retirement plan design and compliance issues. Her portfolio included a wide range of corporate compliance and litigation matters germane to the manufacturing environment and the company’s intellectual property portfolio.
Delia successfully implemented several programs for the company, including both a contract review protocol and management system and an export control compliance program to support defense-related work. She worked closely with all operations teams, providing oversight, training, and assistance for the review of all contracts and terms and conditions for both corporate customers and vendors.
In her work as in-house counsel, she has enjoyed providing advice and guidance and contributing her expertise in the context of major corporate initiatives, including ongoing operations and potential acquisitions and growth.
Prior to joining OGC Law as a partner in the firm, Delia has served as Corporate Counsel for Cabot Gun Company, LLC, a designer and manufacturer of luxury 1911-style pistols. She also practiced law for three years as Senior Counsel at the Lynch Law Group.
She resides in Butler, Pennsylvania with her husband Rob and their two children, Julia and Simon.
Representative Matters, Commercial Litigation
- Extensive complex legal experience in various federal and state courts across the country.
- Federal and state court legal briefs, memoranda, pleadings, motions, discovery requests, responses to written discovery, and mediation position statements in various complex commercial, ERISA and employment-related litigation matters.
- The handling of expert witness evidence in complex commercial litigation matter, as well as medical expert in state court insurance coverage matters.
- The coordination of fact discovery in environmental insurance coverage matter, including drafting and responding to written discovery, defending fact and corporate depositions, drafting privilege logs, conducting meet and confer conferences, and drafting correspondence.
- All aspects of employment agreement enforcement actions for designated client.
- Oral arguments on various discovery issues and summary judgment motion.
- Defended client in state court arbitration of employment-related contract interpretation matter.
- Prosecuted dozens of pro-bono Protection From Abuse hearings in state court.
- The drafting full range of federal and state court legal papers, including dispositive, summary judgement and discovery motions and briefs, pleadings, discovery requests, responses to written discovery, and mediation papers in complex commercial, ERISA, environmental, bankruptcy and employment-related litigation matters.
- A key role in multi-million dollar, multi-jurisdictional commercial matter resulting in highly favorable resolution for clients. Responsible for legal analysis, strategy and implementation, including drafting legal documents, coordination of discovery material, preparation of witnesses, and management of support staff.
- High proficiency and keen interest in jurisdictional and procedural matters.
- Lead counsel for litigation and investigatory matters for national pharmaceutical retail chain.
- Extensive experience in handling all litigation aspects of state and federal court receiverships.
- Participated in oral argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit on complex commercial and bankruptcy-related litigation.
- Prepared and presented course material on Legal Research and Writing, ERISA for Litigators, and the Key Amendments to the Pennsylvania Rules of Ethics.
- Guest lecturer for Legal Writing course at the University of Pittsburgh
Representative Matters, General Counsel
- Strategic advice and legal guidance for the executive management team.
- Corporate governance support for the upper management team.
- Implemented contract review and management system for both the customer and vendor aspect.
- Drafting domestic and international corporate agreement documents such as licensing agreements, joint development agreements, manufacturing agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Negotiated the sale and acquisition of a manufacturing facility in Costa Rica.
- Manage development and protection of intellectual property assets.
- Implemented a comprehensive export control and management system and secured ITAR certification with the DDTC. Provide ongoing oversight and guidance.
- Guidance and support for design and administration of corporate Employee Stock Ownership Plan, including management of amendments, comprehensive restatement of the plan, summary plan description, and ongoing segregation, diversification and distribution.
- Guidance and support for review/selection of retirement plan third party administrator and investment advisor for 401(k) plan, and for ongoing design and administration.
- Responsible for legal support for human resources and employment-related matters, as well as safety, environmental and health issues.
- Guidance and support for a comprehensive health and wellness plan wrap document.
- Management of all litigation matters including subpoena and QDRO requests.
- Actively involved in community affairs and currently serves on the Butler County Bar Foundation Board.
- Founding president of the Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Christian Legal Society, where she continues to serve on the leadership team.
- Board member for Penn Christian Academy and HobNob Theatre.
- A founding board members of the Christian Legal Aid of Pittsburgh, Inc., which has been providing pro-bono legal services to the poor and needy in the Pittsburgh area since 2004.
- Actively involved with St. Peter’s Anglican Church, where she teaches Sunday School.
- National Business Institute, Business Law: A to Z (December 5, 2019)
- National Business Institute, LLCs From Start to Finish (April 10, 2019)
- National Business Institute, Business Acquisition From Start to Finish (August 20, 2018)