Carter Hoel is an associate at OGC Law, LLC. Carter’s focuses his practice on business needs including business entity formation, breach of contract disputes, civil litigation, arbitration, premises liability, election law, and insurance coverage. Prior to joining OGC Law, Carter practiced at three downtown Pittsburgh law firms. Carter has represented clients in Pennsylvania courts from the magistrate level to the Supreme Court. Additionally, he has handled matters in federal court in the Western District of Pennsylvania and the Eastern District of New York.
- Represented an opt-out plaintiff in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York in a large class action litigation related to interchange fees on credit/debit cards;
- Successfully petitioned the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania for leave to file a cross-petition for allowance of appeal nunc pro tunc;
- Assisted corporate clients in litigation preparation for various cases including HIPAA subpoenas, an SEC investigation, internal investigations of foreign subsidiaries and a qui tam action;
- Negotiated numerous settlements on behalf of insurance companies including auto-accidents, wrongful-death and premises liability;
- Represented home owners and contractors in litigation including quality of work, scope of work and delay damages;
- Litigated on behalf of several clients in election law matters including challenging and defending nominating petitions;
- Represented over one hundred clients in the accelerated rehabilitative disposition (ARD) process;
- Handled a variety of summary offense trials and summary appeals.